1st CLOSED DOOR COACH IN TRAINS FOR LADIES
Western Railway introduced the coach retrofitted with the automatic door closing system in a 1st Class Ladies coach of Western Railway rake (Train no. 2274A of rake number 2273-74). The coach retrofitted with the automatic door closing system will introduced on Sunday in a Western Railway’s rake. It is a trial run. If it is successful the plan will will be introduced in more trains of Central and Western Railway. Features
- The doors will take 2 – 2.5 seconds to open or close.
- There will adequate ventilation inside the coach when the doors are close as more louvers have been provided above the door.
- The system will not affect the punctuality of services as there will be no change in halt timings.
- There will be Guards inside the retrofitted Ladies coach during the trial runs.
- The automatic door closing mechanism developed by Faiveley company.
- In case of any obstruction the door will automatically reopen and after a few seconds close again.
- If the doors open when the train is in motion emergency brake will automatically be applied and the train will halt.
- If the automatic door closing system fails, it can be isolated from the guard’s cabin after keeping the door open for the rest of journey till it is fixed in the car shed.
- One emergency egress device has been provided in the coach to open the door from inside, another has been placed outside the coach’s under frame to open it from outside.